Design is all those aspects that make a website more or less attractive. But design is as important as web usability. We understand web usability as the degree of ease of use that a website has for users who enter it. Good usability is one that allows an easy, intuitive and very attractive interaction for the user. This is even more important if we are talking about eCommerce, a website in which the entire purchasing process must be completed in a simple way. Mihai Dobre is one of the digital experts in web design UK. But why is a web design and usability so important?
What Makes A Good eCommerce Website Design: Advantages of a good design for your eCommerce
- Better user experience. This is the main objective of web usability and also contributes to a good design. If we take care of one as well as the other, we will improve the user’s experience on our website and therefore the level of satisfaction will be higher. If the customer can enter our eCommerce and find what he is looking for in an easy and pleasant way thanks to the design, the most probable thing is that he will end up buying or that he will want to come back.
- Build customer loyalty. An attractive website attracts people and if it is easy to use and intuitive it will make buyers want to return to our website to buy. Consumers shy away from complicated pages in which completing the purchase process becomes very tiresome, so it is essential to take care of web usability. If we work on the design and usability we will improve the quality of our website, in addition to improving our SEO positioning. For this, it is very important to take care of the whole buying process.
- Longer visits. If the website is attractive and easy to use, users are more likely to want to spend more time on it. In fact, many Internet users quickly leave websites where the interface is not simple or simply not pleasant.
- More web traffic. As we said, taking care of web usability translates into better organic positioning in search engines, therefore, in the long term it can translate into a greater number of visits.
- More recommendations. If users can enter and navigate in a simple and pleasant way, they will surely recommend us to other users.
- Increased revenue. And above all, when the buying process is simple, that translates into more sales. Consumers detest long, complicated, or problematic checkout processes. When the checkout process is simple, users buy more. When it is complicated, they tend to abandon the buying process halfway through.
For all this, it is essential to take care of the design and usability of your website. Think of clean, simple designs, with information but without overwhelming. Attractive images. And in terms of usability, you will need an expert to make sure that your website includes the right menus and paths that attract users instead of driving them away.
Finally, all eCommerce websites need clear Calls-to-Action (CTAs). These are how your customers can follow through with desirable actions, after all. Thus, CTAs should be clearly visible, clearly worded, and appropriately placed. There are few essential features for successful eCommerce web design that are as important as optimal CTAs.
Your eCommerce website needs proper care to ensure a great User Experience (UX) and optimal Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Here, consider the following factors.
To start with, mobile-friendliness is crucial. Increasingly more customers visit eCommerce websites through mobile devices, which accounts for massive web traffic. What’s more, it’s a key factor of Search Engine Optimisation, as Google checks your site’s mobile version before the desktop one. They also provide a tool to help you do so as well.
Similarly, a clean, mobile-friendly eCommerce website design helps ensure user-friendliness across all devices. As I’ve mentioned above, keeping your eCommerce website clean and uncluttered will reduce bounce rates and improve the checkout success rate. Ease of navigation concepts also overlaps with accessibility. Consider how accessible designs for the visually impaired hinge on navigation without a mouse. If your eCommerce website offers this level of ease of navigation, it will appeal to any person who visits your online store.